Choosing the Right Social Media for Your Business
Social media can be a great way to get your small business out there, but it can also be overwhelming. Here are some tips to help you understand the platforms, what they’re good for, and how to use them.
- Facebook is great for connecting with your customers and building relationships with them
- Women in their 30s and 40s and an increasing contingent of older users (50+) are on Facebook
- Good for funny memes or GIFs
- Twitter is great for sharing news about your company or what’s going on in the industry
- It’s also a good place for customer service questions and live chats
- Men in their 30s and 40s
- Instagram is a visual medium—so it’s perfect for showing off what you do! Use it to share photos of your products or events that happen at your business
- Young moms and women in their 20s
- TikTok uses short form videos
- Users are below the age of 30, and over half of those users are teenagers.
- The best thing about TikTok marketing is it doesn’t feel like marketing. It’s a place to create fun videos about your product/services
- Users are under the age of 35
- Is known for being a playful platform
- Is a visual platform, driven by images and videos
Before figuring out which platform to use, you must figure out who your customers are. Take time to evaluate who you’ve been selling/or servicing and then design your social media plan accordingly.
And don’t feel that you have to create a social media plan from scratch. Research others who are doing the same or similar as you and use them for inspiration.